Samstag, 6. April 2013

Bathroom lighting


Our old mirrored bathroom cabinet had two halogen spot lights on top which where failing.
I love the light temperature halogen lights produce, but wanted to replace these lamps with something more progressive.

I took a 500x10x10 mm aluminium U profile and glued a cheap 12V white LED strip into it. Then I took two of these and used one of the old halogen mountings to fasten them to the cabinet. Done. =)

The light is a really blue white, and exactly the opposite I normally like. I think everything looks like a car commercial in this light. Maybe I replace it if I find something more my color.


Nevertheless, I like that there are no shadows anymore (good for shaving) and it really looks cool. =)

Material cost: 15€


2 Kommentare:

  1. Clublights! :D
    Sieht sehr cool aus, aber ich frage mich ob man da sich richtig betrachten kann drin. Sonst endet das noch so: http://www.wandartisten.de/Shop-kein-bild-p-1492-1.html ;P

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Ne, sieht von vorn nur so aus. Hab noch mal eins von der Seite gemacht.
    Dadurch das die LEDs in dem Aluprofil liegen ist der Abstrahlwinkel auf ca 60° eingeschränkt. Macht als da hell wo es hell sein soll. =)

    AntwortenLöschen